Skip to main content

What am I sewing?

I have been sewing two different baby quilts & was down to the finishing of each one which is hand sewing the binding.  I decided I needed to do something that takes less than 33 hundred hours to complete.  I got this pattern from my friend & co-conspirator.
 
It never fails to amaze me that you sew something inside out & by leaving a little hole in the lining......
.....this happens
It reminds me of a chicken hatching from an egg!




The pattern for this bag is Riviera & the fabric is Riley Blake "Apple of my Eye"
I had so much fun making it I decided to do it again....this time from some fabric I had bought a while ago so I don't know the name of it.  This time I had to tax my brain as it was fat quarters with no two fabrics alike so I had to figure out how to cut it out & keep the look uniform.
It worked & I love the way it turned out....of course it helps that I just love anything blue!
Love

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love