Skip to main content

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work.
Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care.

This is what it was looking like when we got there around 2 pm.  They looked at it & told us to go to the emergency room.  I decided to take her to Saratoga hospital so we stopped at the house for her get some things & off we went.  They immediately called a doctor to come in to look at it.  He said it was a bad infection & was concerned that, because it was deep, it could get into the tendons.  She was admitted & put on iv antibiotics around the clock.  By 5:00 we were in the room & she had already had one treatment
Our home for the next two days

This is how much it had swelled by 6 pm in spite of icing it

They finally marked it so they could keep track. & at that point I decided I wasn't leaving so spent the night in a chair in her room.  At 5 am I made a quick trip home for a shower, grabbed some things for her & was back there again by just after 7.
When the doctor came in around 11 am he said they were keeping her for at least another 24 hours.  She didn't plan on having to stay & just ordered a salad for lunch which was good for a laugh!


This is what it was looking like by then.  Still very painful in spite of being on pain meds
Finally Tuesday morning it was still very swollen but the redness was going away so they let her go home around lunch time.  She will be on antibiotics for another 14 days to make sure it's completely gone

Popster had taken the dogs to the park & he stopped by the hospital.  He was there when they said she could leave so walked out with us.  This is the greeting she got!
 
Luna missed her momma💕

LOVE
 photo signature1_zpsfa5mmhqq.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love