Skip to main content

It started with a memory.....

I have been sewing for a few years & have golfing friends that quilt so, as we make our way around the course each week, we chat about our projects.  I had mentioned to one gal who happens to have an embroidery machine that I had this "China Doll"  fabric left over from making things for LiLi & that I wanted to do something special with it.  She offered to do the embroidery for me & suggested I could incorporate into a quilted pillow.  She found this pattern for Sunbonnet Sue goes to China which was perfect!   Of course I hadn't ever done quilting but given my attitude "There's nothing you can't do unless you try!"  I starting reading up, watched videos, asked questions, bought quilting rulers etc & jumped in with both feet!

A monster was born!

I started out with the bags but I kept putting off the pillow because I didn't really know how to get started.  I asked a zillion more questions & got ideas & a week before christmas decided I was making a quilt instead of a pillow & that would be a special present for LiLi.  I just picked out some fabric that coordinated & kept adding rows & a quilt was born.
 It was so much fun to do & she loved it!  Thank you Diane for inspiring me.
 The quilt on the left was an accident.  When I started designing the bag made from that fabric I had the wrong size squares....they were already sewn together so I bought more fabric & designed a quilt!  The table topper on the right is also from Robert Kaufman Asian Traditions.  Again I had bought some charm squares & strips because I loved the fabric so it's another "one of a kind" !
 This is what I made with all the leftover scraps.

I will admit I am truly addicted to quilting!  I want to buy every piece of fabric that inspires me & make every quilt I see...I already have quite a stash & more than several project line up to make!

I just need a few more hours in the day!
Love

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love