Skip to main content

"MIA"

I know I haven't written many posts lately but life has turned crazy & I haven't had a lot of free time.  The weather has become a little more "spring-like" since Thurs so it really feels good.  Everything is finally coming to life!

I am back on my regular hours at the course & it has been totally nuts there.  We have a new computer program this year so it's really putting some extra pressure on us all.  As "Johnny Boy" puts it it's like having your "head kicked"!  Thurs morning we had the heaviest frost & were supposed to start tee-times at 9:00 but that wasn't going to happen.  With a pro shop full of people our phone lines went down which meant we couldn't run any credit cards!  We had to resort to the old fashioned way of doing them manually.  It got so crazy it was like getting kicked while you were down!  I come home from work mentally drained but on the plus side it will get easier.

I finally was able to get outside & do some spring clean up....our front yard had been dubbed the graveyard because Miss Molly had so much junk out there!

Speaking of the big black dog apparently she has gotten a reputation with Ed the UPS driver.  He delivered a package to my neighbor on Friday & said something to her about that big black dog being out again!  I guess he doesn't understand what an invisible fence is!
 We took Molly to the Round Lake bike path today & she had so much fun being able to run free for a while

 I do believe there is a sign of some green on this tree.

How about this being a sign of spring----dandelions!!!



Comments

  1. We skipped spring and it's a shame. Those little glimmers of life look so cool and unsweaty.
    Missed your posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

My car is pigeon-toed!!!!!!

I get out of work on Thurs at 1:00 & usually play golf with my buddy Dominic.  Yesterday was kinda rainy, blustery so we decided not to play.  I headed up to the mall but got side-tracked on the way.  One of the things on my extremely long to-do list was "get two more tires for my car".  I pulled into Mavis Tire & checked to see how long it would take.

MISTAKE #1

I was told around 20 mins before my car would get in so I decided to wait.

MISTAKE #2!

About an hour later my overly friendly mechanic wants to show me something.....how did I know it wasn't going to be pretty!  My rear "struts".....whatever they may be.... were leaking causing the rear end to lift up when I braked causing my car to "pigeon toe" which in turn was making my  new tires .....that were put on the front wheels in August......to wear unevenly.  As if that wasn't enough for my brain to digest one of the front wheels had a bad wheel bearing.







Needless to say at that poin…

Round Lake Village

Every time we go to Round Lake we wander down streets we've never seen before
A little people house
This garden was gorgeous
Look if you buy this house you definitely need to get along with your neighbors!
This house is even smaller & comes with a golf cart
This house really fascinated me
That stonework is incredible
They need to make it a little more welcoming

They are still working on my house

I would love to see the inside.......I hope they plan on selling it & then I can go to an open house
"Mama I have flyaway ears again today!"


Love Val