Skip to main content

The day that changed all our lives(especially the dog's)

Election day was very dreary & rainy so a quiet day at work.  Around lunch time Greg( the owner) came into the pro shop carrying a cardboard box.  On his way in he said "You won't believe what I just found in a pile of garbage"

Two baby kittens!  So tiny & so scared!
He looked at me & said "I just can't take them to the animal shelter so you take one & I'll take the other."  I stood there stuttering & thinking I'm not even a cat person, why would I do that!
Then I picked up this little helpless kitten & thought if I took her home Jess would be able to find someone to adopt her.
Next thing I know here I am driving home with her in a box.  I called Jess & told her I was on my way, so she headed to the store to get food & actually came home with kitten formula.  We figured she was about 4 weeks old & she weighed just over a pound.
She met the dogs & was not the least bit afraid of them

Gave her some kitten food & she ate it right down.
Jess put her in her coat & off we went to the pet store to get kitty litter & toys for her.

Popster walked in the door & said. "What are you crazy!  Why on earth would you do that!"  Then he sat down with her & he was putty in her paws😏
This is the way he ate dinner with her perched on his shoulder.
Apparently this is what she has decided she likes to do.  Stay tuned & I'll let you know if she's staying!
Love photo signature1_zpsfa5mmhqq.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call