Skip to main content

The long, long, long ride home

Sunday morning we hung around drinking coffee & then went to breakfast at the diner down the street.....great food.
We decided to take a leisurely, scenic ride home & stopped in Poughkeepsie to do the walk across the Hudson.

It wasn't a very nice day with a cold wind coming off the water




See all the sculling boats.....they must have been cold
That is the longest freight train I've ever seen

No it's not......this one is!
I want to buy this house
We headed over the bridge to 9W which was going to be our scenic ride home
That's where we were walking
This is our second trip across the river(fourth if you count the walk) however, we had been riding for quite a bit when I commented that the places we were going by were not familiar.  Then I spotted a road sign that said 9W south!  "Ahem shouldn't we be going north"  Yes the driver......who shall remain nameless but it wasn't me......had taken a wrong turn!
This by the way is the Rip Van Winkle bridge
Oh here we are going back across the river for the fifth time
Almost two hours later we're back in Poughkeepsie taking that same bridge!

Good thing I like bridges!

 photo signature1_zpsfa5mmhqq.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call