Skip to main content

Walking home & ghosts of a past life

 On our way home from St Ives Nigel was going to visit his MIL so he dropped Popster & I off in Bury so we could get some exercise by walking home
 He left us by the corner store & said "You know the short cut from here.  Right?"  Of course those words put Popster in a tailspin because, of course, he didn't believe I would remember!
 English gardens are so pretty even in winter.
 "This way Popster"  He followed me protesting all the way!
Look where we are !  On the right road!

 This used to be RAF Upwood & this was the base commander's house....now there's pigs in the front yard???

 This is typical of what you see on the roads around here


 Snowdrops everywhere
 I am standing in the front of the house where I was born
 You still have to take your shoes off at the door!
 This is the back yard...behind that shed is the pond where I almost drowned when I was 4-5 years old.  My brother(yes Terry you)dared me to walk across a log, I fell off & almost drowned.  I was most upset because I lost a wellie!
 This house was so beautiful...now only the ghosts live there!
 This is the local pub......we used to torment the owner.  He considered us hoodlums!

 We once put firecrackers in this man's dustbins.....maybe we were hoodlums!

Oh the memories.
Love

Comments

  1. lol what a naughty girl and what kills me is today you would be prsecuted for those childish pranks. I want that old ghost house...ohh the reno lol.
    How could you forget the way home home down the shortcut...silly popster.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Thanksgiving

We went to JoAnne & Peter's for thanksgiving this year.  They were cooking dinner & Josh & Carol were going to be there
 Molly is always game for a road trip!


 It was gray , gloomy day & kinda chilly by the river
 Sadie is such a cutie
 We couldn't get Addie to pose as cute
 Josh got there first as Carol had to work......these dogs just love him

 I forgot to take pics of the table but everything was so good & JoAnne made apple pie!
 We spent the night & left for home after breakfast on Friday.  Our GPS sent us home a different way & we crossed the Tappan Zee bridge.  They are building a new one so lots of work going on

 One of those big cranes toppled over a few weeks ago.....they are so tall
 Look at the size of that one!
 As you know I love bridges
Love

Snowy day in the park

I have an abundance of snow pics.  Between last Thurs & Monday we had 20 inches of snow!  We are so done with this white stuff!
 But I do have to admit it is pretty


 Makes for great pictures
 And you'll see from the next few pics how much Molly loves it!



   We take a two second pause.....
 ......& off again




 I do hope the hornets went to Florida for the winter





 This sums up the whole walk!
Love