Skip to main content

Then "Storm Doris" blew in!

We got up Thurs morning to rain & really strong gusty winds.  They were recorded at 60 - 70 mph.  Trucks & buses were being blown off the roads so we did not go out at all.  In fact we were forbidden to go out by Susan!  We showed her.....we stayed in!
The fence in the front yard blew over
Nigel went to pick it up

Popster braved the storm to help


He thought he could fly....but that didn't happen either
All the fence around this garden blew down
Only thing left standing was the gate!
We kept saying it was our mother telling us to behave......her middle name was Doris & they used to call her "Voodoo Vera"!
We worked on another 1,000 piece puzzle
These are some random pics from Tues

I love swans & there are always so many of them around

Pretty pigeons as well

Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love