Skip to main content

Ferry to Cape May & on home.......

I don't think we needed reservations for the ferry
There were only around 30 cars on it


Molly checking out what's going on




 After we got underway I took Molly out of the car & we explored.  She made friends with everyone we met & checked out every square inch.




Coming into Cape May


Popster stuck his head but at this point he was going downhill rapidly......he was losing his "superman cape"!

 He drove as far as the thruway & finally gave in & let me drive home from there.  We got home around 6:30 & by 7:00pm were sitting in the urgent care clinic.  By now he looked, as well as felt, terrible.  His eyes were red & oozing crap & his throat was so sore he was positive he had strep.  He was finally seen by Doogie Howser's younger sister who "diagnosed" him with a sore throat caused by post nasal drip & conjunctivitis.  No strep!  He was sent home with a nasal inhaler, eye drops & something for his cough.  He proceeded to sleep the next 2days round the clock & I finally convinced him to see his own doctor on Tuesday, who put him on an antibiotic.  By Friday morning I was ready to call all the kids in for an intervention as he was not getting better & refusing to do anything I suggested.....the absolute worst patient ever..........I now know why my life skills never led me to nursing!!  Finally by Saturday he said he felt a little better & actually stayed awake most of the day.  He went back to work on Monday but it was the middle of the week before he really felt good again.
Love

Comments

  1. your caring understanding side must be hiding somewhere LOL. Oh my goodness this made me laugh out loud. Tell popster I hope he is feeling better. This must be why you never seem t go on holiday it appers things go awry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call