Skip to main content

Piano, Reading & Sewing. Gung Hay Fat Choi!

LiLi was barely in the door yesterday when she raced downstairs to play the piano.
She had learned  Twinkle, Twinkle on a piano app & wanted to show us.  I found some simple songs for her & Popster helped her with them
She played for between 2-3 hours with only a break for breakfast....she is obsessed!
Then she "retired" to my room for her other obsession....reading
She sets the time on her phone & reads for an hour.  There is a challenge at her school to read for 90 mins a week.  They have combined grades to form teams & are sailing to South America using the minutes to translate to miles.  She has been reading for close to 300 mins a week & her goal this week is 60 mins a day!  She wants to win so, of course, the "over-achiever" in her thinks she should do a "little extra"!
After lunch we went snow shoeing....I'll share those pics later.  Then we spent some time in my sewing room designing a skirt from a "jellyroll" I had.
She picks out the strips & the order she wants them & I cut them to length....I think she should be a fashion designer as she has a great eye for color.  I think though this week she wants to be a piano player!
Love

Comments

  1. show the finished skirt please cos I have no idea what you are talking about. Such a talented Lili just like her Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost finished with it......I will show you! It is definitely one of a kind! Just like the designer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Round Lake Village

Every time we go to Round Lake we wander down streets we've never seen before
A little people house
This garden was gorgeous
Look if you buy this house you definitely need to get along with your neighbors!
This house is even smaller & comes with a golf cart
This house really fascinated me
That stonework is incredible
They need to make it a little more welcoming

They are still working on my house

I would love to see the inside.......I hope they plan on selling it & then I can go to an open house
"Mama I have flyaway ears again today!"


Love Val

Snowy day in the park

I have an abundance of snow pics.  Between last Thurs & Monday we had 20 inches of snow!  We are so done with this white stuff!
 But I do have to admit it is pretty


 Makes for great pictures
 And you'll see from the next few pics how much Molly loves it!



   We take a two second pause.....
 ......& off again




 I do hope the hornets went to Florida for the winter





 This sums up the whole walk!
Love