Skip to main content

Snow, birds & Sunset

I feel like I am taking one step forward & about ten back every day!  The house is a total "war zone" & I am discovering this is way worse than moving!  At least if you are moving things get put in boxes & labeled so you stand maybe a half a chance of knowing where things are!  We managed to empty our other two rooms.....most of which went into the office which happens to be the smallest of the three.  There are very "narrow passages" between the furniture but lots of luck figuring out where you might find clean socks or undies!  What didn't fit went downstairs in Popster's man cave.  His biggest complaint......he can't find his way to the bar to make a cocktail!  Poor baby!

It was a rat race all weekend getting the rooms empty & doing all the painting between trips to either L*wes Or H*me Dep*t to buy paint, trim, baseboard etc.  We have a standard joke every time we walk in the door "here goes another $100"  Seriously it is between $104 & $112 every time & we have been making daily trips.  Every other trip involves trying to bring home 12 foot long pieces which have to stick out of my window & usually there is a gale force wind or it's snowing ! 

Fun times!
These pics are from the big storm last week that dumped 13+inches of snow on us

This is Popster snowblowing paths in the backyard for Molly!

Just one of a few things he does for her
I had to shovel my way to the bird feeders
They are going through a lot of seeds this year

The tail end of a beautiful winter sunset
Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call