Skip to main content

How cold is cold?

I cannot believe it's Friday's been another crazy week.  After spending mon & tues painting all the trim in the bedroom & my sewing room it was time to start putting those two rooms back together.  Popster helped me carry the base of the bed into our room before he left for his afternoon bus run.  I put that part together & when he got home we started on the the frame. 

Mistake # one we relied on our "minds" to remember exactly where the bed went.  DUH!

After going back and forth a few times we decided for the sake of our sanity & our marriage we would take Molly for a walk instead!  We started on it again weds morning with no better revelations as to where exactly the dang bed went. We plunged merrily ahead & fastened the headboard to the wall, put the frame together, & were ready to put in the liner when I stood back & looked at it  & said "It's in the wrong place!  We have to move it!"

There were a few curse words exchanged & we started over!  Moved the headboard, moved the frame & base, put the liner in, put the mattress in & started filling it up with water.  About 20 mins later I stood back & looked at it again & said "It's not straight!  We need to fix it!"

Do you have any idea how heavy a waterbed is? 
If you need us we will be in therapy for next week or two!

Just kidding!

Let's just say there was a little tension in the air for a few minutes but we got the bed straight & filled.  We are back to below normal temps .....20 degrees below the cold water that we filled up the bed with it's way colder than normal.  How cold is it?  You could use the bed to keep popsicles frozen!
The water heats up at approx 1/2 degree an hour & needs to reach 85 degrees.  I figure we'll be sleeping in it again by the end of March!

So we will continue with our current sleeping arrangement....Popster on the couch down in the mancave & me on the couch in the living room.


Popular posts from this blog

My car is pigeon-toed!!!!!!

I get out of work on Thurs at 1:00 & usually play golf with my buddy Dominic.  Yesterday was kinda rainy, blustery so we decided not to play.  I headed up to the mall but got side-tracked on the way.  One of the things on my extremely long to-do list was "get two more tires for my car".  I pulled into Mavis Tire & checked to see how long it would take.


I was told around 20 mins before my car would get in so I decided to wait.


About an hour later my overly friendly mechanic wants to show me did I know it wasn't going to be pretty!  My rear "struts".....whatever they may be.... were leaking causing the rear end to lift up when I braked causing my car to "pigeon toe" which in turn was making my  new tires .....that were put on the front wheels in wear unevenly.  As if that wasn't enough for my brain to digest one of the front wheels had a bad wheel bearing.

Needless to say at that poin…

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work.
Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care.

This is what it was looking like when we got th…


Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!