Skip to main content

How cold is cold?

I cannot believe it's Friday already.....it's been another crazy week.  After spending mon & tues painting all the trim in the bedroom & my sewing room it was time to start putting those two rooms back together.  Popster helped me carry the base of the bed into our room before he left for his afternoon bus run.  I put that part together & when he got home we started on the the frame. 

Mistake # one we relied on our "minds" to remember exactly where the bed went.  DUH!

After going back and forth a few times we decided for the sake of our sanity & our marriage we would take Molly for a walk instead!  We started on it again weds morning with no better revelations as to where exactly the dang bed went. We plunged merrily ahead & fastened the headboard to the wall, put the frame together, & were ready to put in the liner when I stood back & looked at it  & said "It's in the wrong place!  We have to move it!"

There were a few curse words exchanged & we started over!  Moved the headboard, moved the frame & base, put the liner in, put the mattress in & started filling it up with water.  About 20 mins later I stood back & looked at it again & said "It's not straight!  We need to fix it!"

Do you have any idea how heavy a waterbed is? 
If you need us we will be in therapy for next week or two!

Just kidding!

Let's just say there was a little tension in the air for a few minutes but we got the bed straight & filled.  We are back to below normal temps .....20 degrees below normal.....so the cold water that we filled up the bed with it's way colder than normal.  How cold is it?  You could use the bed to keep popsicles frozen!
The water heats up at approx 1/2 degree an hour & needs to reach 85 degrees.  I figure we'll be sleeping in it again by the end of March!

So we will continue with our current sleeping arrangement....Popster on the couch down in the mancave & me on the couch in the living room.
Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call