Skip to main content

Side trip to Vermont

Sunday we decided it was time to "get out of Dodge" & were planning to head north but it was raining & that was the direction the weather was heading.
So we headed east toward Vermont.  This is a crazy tourist trap on the way there.

We ended up here....get it?  Molly Stark!
It was the most beautiful state park for camping that had the cleanest rest rooms & showers I have ever seen.
It had several hiking trails but we picked this one.  Why?  Firetower!
It started off very easy but....
.....we were soon climbing.
I wanted this rock.
It was rather large.
Of course when we got to the firetower Popster elected to stay with Molly
His excuse....I was the one with the camera!
He really is a "chicken"!
Very disappointing views because of the clouds!


I wonder who lived here?

I did "collect" a few smaller rocks on the way down for my new piece of driftwood.

I wanted to walk around Wilmington on the way home.....it is such a quaint little town with lots of art & craft shops. By the time we got back to the car it was raining so we ended up just driving home. Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love