Skip to main content

Stormy Skies

We got hit with a pretty powerful line of thunder storms late Sat afternoon & immediately lost power.  We sat around for a while & just watched the crazy weather from the safety of the sun room.  When it slowed down some we decided to go out in search of power & food.
This is what the sky looked like on the way home at just about sunset!
I kept yelling at Popster to slow down, turn the car this way or that way so I could get pictures(or Kodak moments as he likes to call them)!

I spotted a partial rainbow & made him  take a right turn in the middle of a left turn, then I yelled at him to pull over.  Of course he pulls into a parking lot with a huge building in my way....I'm like pull out & into the next lot & hurry before it's gone.  It's a wonder he didn't "slap me up the side of the head"


These pics I took in the yard when we got home......Popster was all done listening to me so I had to make do with what I could see from home!

I love the night sky after a storm!  Of course we then had to sit in the dark for the rest of the night.  We have a generator that we bought last fall & had outlets wired for it in the event of a power failure but guess who couldn't remember how to start it & also didn't remember where he put the manual or the written instructions on what to do? 
Just to give you a hint it wasn't me or Molly!

Comments

  1. That rainbow is absolutely gorgeous and as it happens I'm quite partial to barns so tell Popster, thank you!
    Stunning photos as always.
    Can't believe that Lili can't remember how to run the generator!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love