Skip to main content

"Susie Homemaker"

When the weather starts to get cold I turned into my alter-ego Little Miss Susie Home-maker!  I pull out my big stand mixer & start baking.

I am not one to do things halfway & usually make at least 3 of everything & stockpile things in the freezer.   I see no point in making a gigantuous ( I made up that word) mess unless there something to be gained by it.  Usually Popster follows behind me cleaning up & doing dishes.  It drives him crazy as I own 3 of everything & usually will grab another measuring cup, spoon or whatever instead of washing the one I just used!


This is what I made this morning...unfortunately I had to clean up my own mess...Popster was at work!

By 8:00am I had made the pumpkin breads, a chopped salad & hardboiled eggs (my lunch for the week) & fixed a pot roast in the crock pot(Popster's dinner).  I even had all the dishes done & the kitchen cleaned!

Yesterday I made Apple Cranberry bread ....sorry no picture
Banana Sour Cream bread ...see yesterday's post
All three recipes are from  allrecipes.com
These are apple-raisin bars which I got from a magazine

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
11/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup(1 stick) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
11/2 cups diced apples
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350.  Liberally spray 13x9x2 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.


In a large bowl, with electric mixer on med speed, blend together sugar, eggs, butter & vanilla for 3 mins until smooth.

Reduce speed to low & gradually add flour mixture for 2 mins until incorporated.  Stir in apples & raisins  & spread in pan.  I also used chopped walnuts

Bake at 350 for 35 mins.  Cool completely before cutting into bars.

I try to make everything a little healthier so I always use a combination of non-bleached & whole wheat flour & also cut back on the amount of sugar.  It doesn't appear to really change any of these recipes.

PS  Whoops....I just discovered I didn't plug in the crock pot...I guess Popster will be eating late tonight!!

Comments

  1. Mmmmmm....those all look fantastic! I might need to borrow the recipes!

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

My car is pigeon-toed!!!!!!

I get out of work on Thurs at 1:00 & usually play golf with my buddy Dominic.  Yesterday was kinda rainy, blustery so we decided not to play.  I headed up to the mall but got side-tracked on the way.  One of the things on my extremely long to-do list was "get two more tires for my car".  I pulled into Mavis Tire & checked to see how long it would take.

MISTAKE #1

I was told around 20 mins before my car would get in so I decided to wait.

MISTAKE #2!

About an hour later my overly friendly mechanic wants to show me something.....how did I know it wasn't going to be pretty!  My rear "struts".....whatever they may be.... were leaking causing the rear end to lift up when I braked causing my car to "pigeon toe" which in turn was making my  new tires .....that were put on the front wheels in August......to wear unevenly.  As if that wasn't enough for my brain to digest one of the front wheels had a bad wheel bearing.







Needless to say at that poin…

Round Lake Village

Every time we go to Round Lake we wander down streets we've never seen before
A little people house
This garden was gorgeous
Look if you buy this house you definitely need to get along with your neighbors!
This house is even smaller & comes with a golf cart
This house really fascinated me
That stonework is incredible
They need to make it a little more welcoming

They are still working on my house

I would love to see the inside.......I hope they plan on selling it & then I can go to an open house
"Mama I have flyaway ears again today!"


Love Val