Skip to main content

What is wrong with people???

We had the most miserable night for golf today.  It was extremely overcast when we started & they were predicting thunderstorms.  It started raining by the 3rd hole, stopped for a while but the last 3 holes it totally down poured!  I have never been so drenched as I hadn't evened bothered using an umbrella,  my shoes were full of water & I was just dripping water.

 I got right in my car without even taking off my golf shoes.  At the first intersection there were 2 cars in my lane & 3 cars in the left lane.  When I got to the stop sign I noticed a car pulled over on the road I was turning onto & a young girl was standing behind it on her cell phone but I could see she was crying.  I pulled & asked her if she needed help at which she totally lost it.  I jumped out of my car & eventually she told me someone pulled out of that intersection right in front of her.  She couldn't avoid hitting the car but the person driving didn't stop,  just turned around & went back the way he was coming from.  The front end of her car was smashed in so the other car must have also been damaged.  We called the state troopers & she had already called her father so I told her not to worry I would stay with her until her dad got there.  I pulled my golf umbrella out to keep us dry (not that I needed it) & eventually the trooper came.  As she was telling him what happened another car pulled up & in it was the driver of the other car....he looked like an older man....& he had apparently gone home & had someone drive him back again.......why?????  She was only 17 & it was the first accident she had ever been in.

 What would possess someone to drive away & not worry about the other driver????

What was wrong with all the other people  that drove by & didn't stop to help her???

Things like this make me so angry!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call