Skip to main content

Now you tell me!



I finally got around to ordering mulch for the yard Weds......yes I know, I'm way behind schedule....blame the weather. It was supposed be delivered between 10 & 10:30 this morning so first thing I got out the tarp & laid it in the driveway where I wanted it dumped.  Finally around 11:00 the doorbell rang & this young kid is standing there with a delivery receipt in his hand.  After we got by the initial "I need to see the check first" .  He asked where I wanted it,  Well duh on the tarp of course.  He took one look & said "you do realize it might all make it on there don't you?" I just said I'll be right out.

It took him 4 tries to back the truck in the driveway & then he kept stopping, getting out & checking, getting back in & backing up 2 feet & repeating the whole process.  He finally started to dump it & stopped as he realized he forgotten to pull back the tarp that was covering the load.  He looked at me very sheepishly & said " I've never done this before today.  You're my second delivery!"  

It took him about 20 mins to dump the entire load & it was spread halfway down the driveway!  He kept apologizing for making a mess but I actually found the whole thing very amusing, especially when I finally gave him a rake & told him it would be easier to pull the rest of the mulch out with that instead what he was was trying!

I do hope the rest of his day went better!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love