Skip to main content

Be careful what you say......

......because you never know when you may have to eat those words! 

After all the snow we had this weekend we had freezing rain/rain all night into this morning.  Finally around 11:00 am it stopped & we decided to see if we could find a way across Lake Kile that had formed at the end of our driveway & take a walk.  On the way out the back door I managed to bang my bum knee which led to a lecture from Popster as to how I was a danger to myself, an accident waiting to happen etc, etc!!  He then also had to add another remark, on his way out the door, about how "Tinkerbell" - meaning Molly - would probably have trouble getting across the "ramp" he had put down to cross the lake!  Less than 10 secs later I heard a crash & when I stuck my head out the door there is Popster in the middle of one of the bushes by the sidewalk!!!!  Apparently "Peter Pan" forgot the sidewalk was icy!!!

We all made it across the lake & took our walk.......only problem was I kept getting this picture in my head of Popster laying in the bush & would start choking with laughter.

It was a nice walk but I kept getting slapped up the side of my head!!
For those of you who thought our storm was so pretty ....here is the ugly side of it.
 "Peter Pan" walking the plank!
 Our very own Lake.


 Molly loving this weather...snow does not bother her at all.

 This is what she looks like most of the time...the mop lives in the kitchen!
In case anyone is interested this is what my bush looks like now...I do believe that light is looking a little crooked!

"Ouch  that hurt!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLi💖 Love