Skip to main content

Learning to live with mess, dust & constant upheaval!

This week has been an interesting....to say the least...experience to live with, especially for an OCD person like me. Popster was making fun of me cleaning the house like a mad woman on Mon, the day before they came, because I didn't want them to find "dust woobers" under the stove or refrigerator!

Anyway have I totally hated it? No! Just the times when I can't find something...which is about 10 times a day. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, probably because I planned ahead a little bit & having a microwave, toaster oven & coffee pot makes for a "livable" situation. The hard part is the dust that settles throughout the house but I clean it the best I can every night & the worst of that is almost over.

Also it is very tough on Molly as she loves to be where everyone else is & I have to barricade her either in the living room or downstairs. The weather isn't exactly cooperating as we had snow almost every day this past week & now it's bitter cold....they are predicting -12 deg for tonight....so she isn't able to be outside much.

I am finding it fun to watch the progress & I think they are used to the camera flash now! Jim was here for a few hours yesterday & again this morning to get the final coat of spackle on so hopefully tomorrow they will be able to paint. We went out today to get the paint, pendant lights....yes Popster now knows what they are..., & a microwave. The cabinets are being delivered tomorrow so there should be some progress showing by the end of this week.

Scott stopped by this morning & here's Diesel & Cedric waiting in his truck


 This is my "doggie gate" to keep Molly downstairs!


Comments

  1. Keep your eyes on the prize.
    Well on earth did you find the expression, Dust Woobers"? I laughed so hard I nearly choked.
    The dogs are lovely in the back of the truck but Miss M looks a wee bit perturbed at her new location. I'm surprised she hasn't figured out how to clear it in a single leap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love them dogs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call