Skip to main content

Day 9 Recap

Today didn't start smoothly as we discovered a leak first thing in the corner of the kitchen.........there was an ice jam on the corner of the lower roof which was creating the problem.  When they put our siding on a couple years ago they didn't do the flashing right so it has to be fixed.  Jim had cut out a corner of the ceiling yesterday to do a temporary fix that he thought would divert the water outside but the ice was stopping that from working.  This has been some brutal weather the last couple weeks creating problems everywhere.  They got up on the roof & had to put some ice melt down as the ice was so thick.
I went out this morning to order my faucet so they had this much done by the time I got home.
This cabinet was a pain to put in!
How do you like the carpet in my sunroom?  It's called drifting snow!  A little cold on the tootsies!

They had to bring "Suzy" - the corner cabinet in through the french doors!

Davey is cutting off all the shims now everthing is in place.

So now all the cabinets are in place waiting for someone to come to template the counters...that is scheduled for Friday morning.
Davey is holding the ladder while Jim gets the rest of the ice off the roof.

Comments

  1. Wow, Val, your contractor has a nice butt!! He does nice work too!

    "Rose"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a second.....but I'm thinking you may know my contractor????

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fighting over him girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures make me want a new kitchen!
    I got here pressing the "Next Blog" button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is looking amazing! I just looked though all the pictures and it's amazing how different it looks. I love it!
    p.s. love the pictures of the dogs. the snow looks good on them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Round Lake Village

Every time we go to Round Lake we wander down streets we've never seen before
A little people house
This garden was gorgeous
Look if you buy this house you definitely need to get along with your neighbors!
This house is even smaller & comes with a golf cart
This house really fascinated me
That stonework is incredible
They need to make it a little more welcoming

They are still working on my house

I would love to see the inside.......I hope they plan on selling it & then I can go to an open house
"Mama I have flyaway ears again today!"


Love Val

Snowy day in the park

I have an abundance of snow pics.  Between last Thurs & Monday we had 20 inches of snow!  We are so done with this white stuff!
 But I do have to admit it is pretty


 Makes for great pictures
 And you'll see from the next few pics how much Molly loves it!



   We take a two second pause.....
 ......& off again




 I do hope the hornets went to Florida for the winter





 This sums up the whole walk!
Love