Skip to main content

My car is pigeon-toed!!!!!!

I get out of work on Thurs at 1:00 & usually play golf with my buddy Dominic.  Yesterday was kinda rainy, blustery so we decided not to play.  I headed up to the mall but got side-tracked on the way.  One of the things on my extremely long to-do list was "get two more tires for my car".  I pulled into Mavis Tire & checked to see how long it would take.

MISTAKE #1

I was told around 20 mins before my car would get in so I decided to wait.

MISTAKE #2!

About an hour later my overly friendly mechanic wants to show me something.....how did I know it wasn't going to be pretty!  My rear "struts".....whatever they may be.... were leaking causing the rear end to lift up when I braked causing my car to "pigeon toe" which in turn was making my  new tires .....that were put on the front wheels in August......to wear unevenly.  As if that wasn't enough for my brain to digest one of the front wheels had a bad wheel bearing.







Needless to say at that point I became completely unhinged & was leaking worse that my "struts"!

After being told how much this would cost.....big gulp......& that it would be a couple hours I walked over to the mall & did what any woman would do under the circumstances....started shopping & spending more money!

I wandered back after 2 hours to see my car still on the lift with no wheels on it!  When I asked over friendly guy how long he said the mechanic was having trouble with the wheel bearings.  "You hear all that banging?  That's him working on the bearings" 

Not what I wanted to hear!

I sat back down & waited & waited & waited.  Finally around 6:15....I had arrived there at 1:15.....the overly friendly guy's boss wants to talk to me.  It was about to get very ugly!  I was told whoever worked on my car before left out a couple important rings which they didn't have & couldn't get until the next day.

Long story short....won't get my car back until today!

Called Popster to come get me before I embarrassed  him by going berserk in Mavis Tire!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yea for Don the repair guy!

My new BFF is Don the repair guy who came today to fix the dishwasher. Amazingly, after he took the door apart it would close - I really did not believe the handle was broken but was defective! It had never felt right........always kinda loose. Anyway he decided that as long as we had a new handle he would install it & even gave me the old one as a back-up. Works much better now. Funny story - while he was here he got a phone call from the office telling him one of his earlier repairs of the day had called saying their dishwasher would not start at all. He called the lady back & suggested different things for her to try but nothing worked. He said he would stop back after his next call to see what it could be. As he hung up I said "Sounds to me like she has the "child lock control" on!". Sure enough after another phone call that turned out to be the problem! Maybe I need a change of careers!!!!!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love