Skip to main content

Breaking all of OSHA rules or how not to work from a step ladder next to stairs....

I broke every safety rule & then some today while taping the stripes......what I thought would be a couple hours to tape & maybe an hour to paint turned into an all day marathon & I didn't even get to the painting.

In other words I grossly under estimated what this job involved!

This is what looked like at 1:00 pm when Popster got home from golf....after I turned the corner  I realized I would run out of tape so I sent him to the store to another roll....45 mins later he came back with the wrong thing....what else is new!!!!  While he went back to the store I continued on marking where the stripes would be....& was actually congratulating myself on how well it was working out.  No problem with where they fell next to the doors......everything was level.....never happens in an older home like this...really patting myself on the back.  When Popster finally got back with the right tape I went back to work.

Now did I continue to tape from where I left off?  Of course not!  I started at the end & worked backwards!

What happened?  When I reached the point where I had left off before something did not look right!  I was putting the tape on the wrong side of the lines so I had to rip it all down & redo that whole wall!

I finally got it all redone, jumped in the shower & got ready so we could meet Mark & Dani for dinner.  Now I will have to paint it tomorrow morning!

I went up & down the ladder at least 5,000 times & figured I burned at least 10,000 calories so I'm having ice cream tonight with some Aleve as a chaser for my aching body!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call