Skip to main content

"Would you like fries with that?"

About a month ago Popster & I decided it was time to up-date our bathroom..............why now when I am back to work & presently working 6 days a week....I have no clue. It's just the way we do things around here!

Our bathroom is the original & I had painted & decaled(spell checker doesn't like this word) the vanities to "pretty" it up but it is peach! How many people do you know that have a "peach" bathroom????? We are "gutting" the entire room down to the studs!! Yikes!

We went out looking for ideas & finally had our "plumbing guy" come over to see what he thought. He told us to go out & get all the fixtures & call him when we were ready. He also gave us a list of what we needed & where to go for everything. It rained a couple of weeks ago & I had the day off so I called Popster & told him to meet me at our local plumbing store. We started with the tub & shower surround, which was pretty simple. From there on to the toilet........this is when it started.........what height? round or oval? what color? Okay, enough of that lets move on to the vanity. It just got more complicated so I finally said I like this how much? Then on to the faucets & shower head.........wow more choices! We finally had a pretty good idea of what we liked & got prices............another Yikes! I decided to check out a couple more places seeing I had the afternoon off. So glad I did as the exact same vanity was about $150 cheaper, linen tower $200 cheaper & the counter & sink $100 cheaper!

We ended up going to the second place a week later to order the vanity, top & linen tower. Our sales person's name was Wolfgang.........would I lie.......& he wrote with a "flourish" at the end of every word. It took an hour to order those 3 items...............I have never had to make so many decisions like .....dovetail or regular drawers?, 31" or 35" high? toe kick or not? recessed or straight sink? what shape? I, of course pick a shape that can only be recessed which I didn't want!

Anyway we finally got it ordered & then went on to the plumbing store to answer more questions like the shape of the toilet! Who cares! We still need to go out to pick out tile & light fixtures............not yet my mind needs a break!

We are also replacing all the doors in the hallway at the same time but that "ordering fiasco" will be another whole post for another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yea for Don the repair guy!

My new BFF is Don the repair guy who came today to fix the dishwasher. Amazingly, after he took the door apart it would close - I really did not believe the handle was broken but was defective! It had never felt right........always kinda loose. Anyway he decided that as long as we had a new handle he would install it & even gave me the old one as a back-up. Works much better now. Funny story - while he was here he got a phone call from the office telling him one of his earlier repairs of the day had called saying their dishwasher would not start at all. He called the lady back & suggested different things for her to try but nothing worked. He said he would stop back after his next call to see what it could be. As he hung up I said "Sounds to me like she has the "child lock control" on!". Sure enough after another phone call that turned out to be the problem! Maybe I need a change of careers!!!!!

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call