Skip to main content

Drive to Kent

We got up very early this morning as Greg was picking us up by 9:00 to drive us to Terry & Lucy's house. They live in a little village called Minster(click on route map) which is near Ramsgate in Kent......it's approx 150 miles & about a 3 hour trip. Nigel was coming with us but Susan had to work. It was very icy on the side roads when we started out but the motorway was fine. A beautiful day with blue skies & fluffy white clouds





The Dartford bride which crosses the Thames estuary.......there is also a tunnel when coming from the other direction.



Entering Kent



Our welcoming committee!


We arrived there just before 1:00 & Paul, his wife Zoe, Curtis & Keira were also there. Terry & Lucy moved here five years ago so this was the first time I had seen their house. Lucy had a nice lunch all ready for us & we spent the afternoon visiting before Greg & Nigel headed back home.
It was around 4:30 so we had a little time before it got dark to take a walk around the village. Unfortunately I hadn't checked my camera battery...it needed to be charged...so I didn't get any pictures. It is a beautiful little village with a friendly atmosphere & pretty buildings.
We took a ride out to get something for dinner but ended up eating at the local pub...again excellent food....it was so pretty inside & had brass decor every place you looked. Someone must have to spend hours cleaning all that!

To see more pics go here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love