Skip to main content

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!! Part 2



For the first time in more time than I feel like remembering we have a real christmas tree.............I know it only a table top tree that I paid a small fortune for but it is real!! We have small child puppy in the house so the tree had to be up out of reach. While we were buying it we started remembering some of the "crazy tree stories" from other years........

One of the funniest was the year we spent what seemed like hours walking through the snow searching for the "perfect" tree. We finally found it & just threw it in the back of the truck & drove home. As we were pulling in our driveway we were deciding whether to just put it in the garage or take it right in the house. Imagine our faces when we looked & the bed of the truck was empty!!!!! NO TREE!!! We drove all the way back expecting to see it on the side of the road somewhere but did not see it. I was feeling very "bah humbuggish" at that point but we stopped at a local fire station that was selling trees. While we looked we happen to tell our tale of woe & the guy said "Well maybe I could sell you this one real cheap - it fell off the back of a pick-up truck!" Yup - it was our tree & he was having a little fun.

Then another year we had gotten the tree over the weekend & Popster decided he surprise me & have it in the stand for when I got home from work. He tried to cut a little off the bottom to straighten it out & the tree fell into three pieces! So he went to the corner gas station & bought another one. The tree he got wasn't too fresh, as we needed to turn the tv up to drown the noise of the needles falling on the packages! It was just about bare by christmas day.

Another year the tree fell over on Christmas day on top of Scott who was laying on the floor watching tv. That one ended on the curb with the stand still on it!

When Josh was around three we were just pulling onto the tree farm & were in a line of traffic when he said he didn't feel good. I got him into the front seat on my lap & he up-chucked all over me & him. We had a change of clothes for him but not me!

The last time we had a real tree we were hit head-on when we were leaving the tree farm & had our truck totaled.......thank god for airbags & seat belts.........no one was hurt but it really put a damper on the christmas spirit.

After that year I bought an artificial fake tree but have always gone along with the kids to get their trees. It is still a part of our family tradition.



This angel hasn't been on my tree for a while as she was a victim of one of the years the tree fell down! She was decapitated!! I was very upset as I made her back when I had time to go to ceramic classes. I just put her away as I didn't have the heart to just toss her in the garbage. I happened to find her this year & through the miracle of super glue she is almost as good as new!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call