Skip to main content

The longest hour of my life.........



Last week a light on my dash came on with a picture of a battery.........it would flash on & off but mostly only when I slowed down. The dash lights seemed kinda dim so I reported the problem to Popster! He, of course, just mumbled & said to keep an eye on it. It was kinda hard not to as it kept flashing right in front of my eyes!
It did it all the the way to work the next day so he stopped over & looked at the battery. One of the cables was corroded so he cleaned it off, took the car for a drive around the block & told me the light was off. Wrong I got in the car to drive home & there was the light again! It was still doing it the next day so He took it to have the battery checked & it showed it needed charging. He said I hadn't driven it enough to charge the battery up!
Anyway the light kept coming on & by Mon was staying on all the time. Still no response from Popster!
This morning it was pouring & it looked like I had the day off so I decided to go shopping....bad decision! First the radio went off, then I realized I had no lights! At that point I called my mechanic & he said to head right over. I was fine until I headed up the hill on Balltown when the car died. I managed to pull over but there wasn't much of a breakdown lane so I was partially on the road. When the engine gave out the lights came on so I was able to put on the emergency flashers. I called AAA & of course it's someone in Tennessee so it took about 10 mins to explain to her where I was. Then she put me on hold & finally told me a tow truck would be there in an hour. AN HOUR!!! I was on the worst road I could be on, partway up a hill, it was raining & cars & trucks were flying by me & she said it would be an hour!!!
It was the longest hour of my life. After about 20 mins the flashers started going faster & faster like the car was having a heart attack & I was hearing all kinds of weird noises. It also kept raining harder! Finally my "knight-in-shining-armor in a tow truck appeared. He pulled in front of me blocking more than half the road! He got out & I just cringed! He had more "piercings" in his face than I have ever seen before, & every bit of exposed skin was tattooed! I knew it was not good! I got out & forgot my umbrella had a hole in it but decided I needed to watch what he going to do. He was all set to pull pull the car up when I reminded him the emergency brake was on & the car was in gear! DUH! He took care of that & then let the winch go the wrong way & my car started going backwards! He finally got it on the bed of the truck but had know idea where we were going as "he wasn't from around here"!!! DUH!! Isn't that a GPS in your truck ......I did give the address of the garage! Now I had to ride all the way there with him which was a lot of fun!
We made it & he did manage get my car off in one piece.......although I had my doubts for a few minutes.
It was my alternator & they just called to say the car was ready so I imagine that will be a nice bill!
Who said rainy days are boring!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love