Skip to main content

Life with Miss Molly

When Popster & I decided we would begin the search for another dog about the only we were in agreement with that we would not try to replace Liza. I had been doing a lot of research on-line & had found a couple of possibilities but never anything local.......or even in New York State for that matter!! I had even suggested driving about 300 miles (one way) to look at one dog I found. We finally decided to look at some shelters & rescue groups locally & decided if either one of us said no to a dog we would walk away no questions asked. Sunday morning I got up & started my usual search of the shelters & the one up the street which happens to be the first one on the list......starts with an A! They usually only had a couple of dogs mostly pitbull mix! I couldn't believe it when I saw a labradoodle as we had been checking out standard poodle or poodle mix dogs.

Needless to say we were "camped out" the the parking lot at 11:45 AM - they opened at noon. I went right in & found her & sent Popster back to the desk where he had to fill out an application & be interviewed before we could even take her out to the exercise area to check out. Meanwhile I have fallen totally in love with this scuffy looking dog & we were "bonding". When the girl finally came to take her out of her cage we got a good look at her extremely bad behavior - jumping & biting without stop. We also found she had been brought there because her owners couldn't control her behavior & she wasn't housebroken! After watching her for a few minutes I asked if I could take her. She did the same thing to me but after I told her no in a firm voice she calmed down & did okay. I walked back to the shelter staff & Popster & told her to sit & she sat at my feet. They said they had never seen her do that before. After falling love with her now I'm wondering if I'm crazy so I look at Popster figuring he is going to say no. Guess what he says - "It's up to you"!!!!!!!! At that point there was no looking back!

We have seen some amazing changes in a very short time which I figured could happen. She is already walking great on a leash, sits & is learning to come when called plus we are enrolled in an obedience class starting Saturday.

Last night when I got home from work she came running to meet me & "smooched" & then sat at my feet leaning into my legs the way Liza used to do..........I am beginning to think she has Liza's soul.


  1. Oh how wonderful! Good for you, to take on such a great project - Molly will be wonderfully trained in no time!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My car is pigeon-toed!!!!!!

I get out of work on Thurs at 1:00 & usually play golf with my buddy Dominic.  Yesterday was kinda rainy, blustery so we decided not to play.  I headed up to the mall but got side-tracked on the way.  One of the things on my extremely long to-do list was "get two more tires for my car".  I pulled into Mavis Tire & checked to see how long it would take.


I was told around 20 mins before my car would get in so I decided to wait.


About an hour later my overly friendly mechanic wants to show me did I know it wasn't going to be pretty!  My rear "struts".....whatever they may be.... were leaking causing the rear end to lift up when I braked causing my car to "pigeon toe" which in turn was making my  new tires .....that were put on the front wheels in wear unevenly.  As if that wasn't enough for my brain to digest one of the front wheels had a bad wheel bearing.

Needless to say at that poin…

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work.
Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care.

This is what it was looking like when we got th…


Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!