Skip to main content

New Year's Eve

I know - don't tell me - I'm way behind on my posts. Popster & I always go to first night in Saratoga but this year we really had to think about it even tho we already had our tickets. To begin with we had around 9 inches of snow that day & the weather report was for temps in the teens with a wind chill of around zero.....& they were being conservative at that!!!! This was the 13th one & we have been every year but the first so we put on a brave face & several layers of clothes & off we went. We parked our car near Congress Park as usual which was a bonus this year as that's where they were holding the fireworks at midnight. We headed up Broadway - which was into the wind - & I was dying!!! It's was sooooooooo cold!!!! After getting to Center City we went into a venue for a show & decided to stay there for the next one so we didn't have to go outside. Then from there we could get to the hotel, again without going outside, & there were two different shows there. After that we headed back down to the park & went into the first place that had room so we could hang out until midnight. We ended up seeing shows we didn't plan on seeing but enjoyed anyway.
When it got close to midnight we headed over to the park but there weren't many people around - should have been our first clue! (Last year there was around 12,000) We couldn't hear any music or the countdown & then the fireworks started & we were looking at each other saying "How lame is this" Should have been our second clue! Turns out we were standing in the WRONG spot & should have been up a block!

It was okay - we survived, didn't freeze to death & weren't far from our car.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call