Skip to main content

Saturday Night Dinner Adventures



There is just something about us & dinner on Sat night always being some type of adventure, but this past one takes the "prize"! I had a yen for a turkey burger so we decided to go to Ruby Tuesdays. Of course we go pick up Mark & Dani & after they (I'm always the DD) polished off 2 bottles of wine we go over to the restaurant. It was extremely crowded so sat at the bar - another bottle of wine - & eventually were seated at a table in the bar. Probably about 5-10 mins after our meal was served the fire alarm went off! Now picture average age of the employees was about 23 so they all giggled nervously, shrugged their shoulders & went about their business. The second time it went off I was getting very nervous & one lady asked, very sarcastically, "are you going wait until the place burns down before you tell us to leave?" Again just nervous giggles. Then we hear sirens & in walks 4 fireman in complete rescue gear. They did some checking & said the building had to be evacuated. Now not to mention any names but certain people in our party are known for inhaling their food so it didn't matter to them if they had to leave, where I had barely taken 2 bites of mine. We ended up in the parking lot but my sweet daughter-in-law wrapped up half my burger so I did get some of it. The town of CP has a volunteer Fire Dept & they had every piece of equipment in the parking lot in no time flat. The hook & ladder had 2 men in the bucket checking out the roof but we couldn't see why. After standing around in the cold we decided enough was enough & left them to it! I am not making any suggestions for next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Forever Family Day

Oh my.....where does the time go!  Ten years ago this scared & tiny little girl was brought into a room full of strangers. She was so confused by the strange faces. Now look at the beautful, confident girl she has grown into. We love you LiLiđź’– Love