Skip to main content

Be careful what you say......

......because you never know when you may have to eat those words! 

After all the snow we had this weekend we had freezing rain/rain all night into this morning.  Finally around 11:00 am it stopped & we decided to see if we could find a way across Lake Kile that had formed at the end of our driveway & take a walk.  On the way out the back door I managed to bang my bum knee which led to a lecture from Popster as to how I was a danger to myself, an accident waiting to happen etc, etc!!  He then also had to add another remark, on his way out the door, about how "Tinkerbell" - meaning Molly - would probably have trouble getting across the "ramp" he had put down to cross the lake!  Less than 10 secs later I heard a crash & when I stuck my head out the door there is Popster in the middle of one of the bushes by the sidewalk!!!!  Apparently "Peter Pan" forgot the sidewalk was icy!!!

We all made it across the lake & took our walk.......only problem was I kept getting this picture in my head of Popster laying in the bush & would start choking with laughter.

It was a nice walk but I kept getting slapped up the side of my head!!
For those of you who thought our storm was so pretty ....here is the ugly side of it.
 "Peter Pan" walking the plank!
 Our very own Lake.


 Molly loving this weather...snow does not bother her at all.

 This is what she looks like most of the time...the mop lives in the kitchen!
In case anyone is interested this is what my bush looks like now...I do believe that light is looking a little crooked!

"Ouch  that hurt!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer "doggy uggs"

Poor Molly has been having a hard time already this winter with the snow. She has good size pads on her feet which are "webbed" like a lab's foot.  When she goes in the snow it builds up in between her pads & forms a hard piece of almost ice-like snow.  Then she holds her foot up for someone to pull it out.  I decided to make her her own boots. Jessica had spent the night here as we went to First night for new years....more on that later.....so we "googled" how to make dog boots & then modified it to work for Molly.  Keep in mind these were boots you could make in 10 minutes.  It took approx 10 mins to measure Molly's feet.  Two hours later here's the results I did decide to make her 2 for each foot figuring she would be like any typical kid & lose a couple here & there. We had to go to W*lmart in the middle of the project to get velcro to make the fasteners.  We then made her wear them around the house for a while ...

11 years ago.........

......we finally got to see this face Love

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work. Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care. This is what it was...