Skip to main content

Sewing, weaving & emptying the waterbed

 Monday morning began bright & early as we needed to finish emptying our bedroom.  Mark was dropping LiLi off before 8:00am as she does not have school this week.  We needed to drain the waterbed before we could take it apart.  As usual we were having no luck getting the water to siphon out & even resorted to having LiLi (all 35lbs of her) sitting on it with us!!  It probably took over an hour & who knows how many tries before it worked.  Got the mattress out & discovered the decking was falling apart.....good thing we decided to do this project,,,,I was able to find a local place so we can just replace it & to be safe I also got a new safety liner & heater.  I don't want to be doing this again for a while!
 While Popster worked on replacing the baseboard & window trim in those two rooms LiLi & I started working on this doll kit she had gotten for her birthday.

 All the pieces needed to be sewn together.................
 ............before she could be stuffed
 She is very patient doing things like this


 She named her Isabella &
 & the puppies name is poogie!

 Here she is making Popster lunch

 After lunch she made a bean bag on her weaving loom
Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

Yowsa!

 I was woken up around 3:30am yesterday by thunder as a line of severe storms were rolling through the area.  My alarm goes off at 4:00am so I figured I'd just get up.  I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee pot when there was a blinding explosion in the back yard along with a huge clap of thunder.  It was like someone threw a bomb in the yard....needless to say it scared the crap out of me & I was waiting for a tree to fall.  We didn't see anything & I left the house at 7:00am while it was still raining.  Popster didn't see this until last night but it had struck this big oak that is about 15 feet from our sun room.  It just stripped that piece of bark right off the tree  Makes the expression "Don't mess with Mother Nature" become very real! Love

Molly bike riding????

Popster has been teaching Molly to run along side of his bike.  It has been a slow process but she's finally getting it.  They start off very slowly.......  then speed up a little......  which is when she gets crazy& decides to "carry" the leash......  gradually she feels more comfortable....  then she begins to gallop.... & the ears start to flap!!!!!