Skip to main content

Another "Crazy" Weekend

Only difference this one lasted 3 days instead of 2! It started off bright & early on Saturday morning when my "guys" showed up to finish the shower & put in my new kitchen sink. First of all there were no directions for the shower door! I found them on-line & thought we were all set but they discovered there wasn't any hardware!! After a call to the store I was told I would have to return the door & get another rather than giving me the parts. My dear husband was working so John volunteered to put the door on his truck to take it back(no way was in going to fit in my car). We left Dennis L. installing the sink. Apparently hubby called while we were gone & was told John & I were off "bonding" together in Home Depot - these guys are very funny!! After we got a door with parts things went a little smoother but it was very late by the time they finished up for the day. They did run the new gas line for my stove so I was able to go out & order that yesterday along with a new dishwasher. I set a record in the store for picking out a dishwasher in less than 3 minutes.....quite impressive. One more Saturday to install that & change the cold air return on the furnace & we are done.
Of course Sunday the rest of the bathroom got ripped apart so now my dryer is disconnected & all the cabinets are in the family room!!! I don't care as long as they leave me alone so I can finish my projects for Dani's shower which is Sunday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer "doggy uggs"

Poor Molly has been having a hard time already this winter with the snow. She has good size pads on her feet which are "webbed" like a lab's foot.  When she goes in the snow it builds up in between her pads & forms a hard piece of almost ice-like snow.  Then she holds her foot up for someone to pull it out.  I decided to make her her own boots. Jessica had spent the night here as we went to First night for new years....more on that later.....so we "googled" how to make dog boots & then modified it to work for Molly.  Keep in mind these were boots you could make in 10 minutes.  It took approx 10 mins to measure Molly's feet.  Two hours later here's the results I did decide to make her 2 for each foot figuring she would be like any typical kid & lose a couple here & there. We had to go to W*lmart in the middle of the project to get velcro to make the fasteners.  We then made her wear them around the house for a while ...

11 years ago.........

......we finally got to see this face Love

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work. Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care. This is what it was...