Skip to main content

Jessica's College Graduation

 We were up at the crack of dawn(actually before dawn) last Sat & were on the road by 5:30am last Saturday for our long trip to Canton to see Jessica graduate.
 It was a little more than 3 1/2 hours most of which was through the Adirondack park....beautiful drive through the mountains.  Would have been prettier but not many leaves on the trees as spring is so late this year.  We actually saw some snow & ice.  we complained about how long the ride was but JoAnne & Josh came from New York & their trip was 6 1/2 hours!
 Canton is up near the Canadian border but it was 85 degs & about as humid as it gets!
 This was the long line of cars heading into the campus so it took forever to park & was a long walk to the gym where it was being held
 Lovely seats but it was not air conditioned & it was so stifling hot.


 Check out her cap.....that was the only way I could keep track of where she was.


 These are all the vet tech grads.
 There was around a thousand graduates & of course she was close to the end.
 They actually pronounced her name right.....wonders!


I will post some more pics later.....I haven't had enough time to edit them all.
Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer "doggy uggs"

Poor Molly has been having a hard time already this winter with the snow. She has good size pads on her feet which are "webbed" like a lab's foot.  When she goes in the snow it builds up in between her pads & forms a hard piece of almost ice-like snow.  Then she holds her foot up for someone to pull it out.  I decided to make her her own boots. Jessica had spent the night here as we went to First night for new years....more on that later.....so we "googled" how to make dog boots & then modified it to work for Molly.  Keep in mind these were boots you could make in 10 minutes.  It took approx 10 mins to measure Molly's feet.  Two hours later here's the results I did decide to make her 2 for each foot figuring she would be like any typical kid & lose a couple here & there. We had to go to W*lmart in the middle of the project to get velcro to make the fasteners.  We then made her wear them around the house for a while ...

11 years ago.........

......we finally got to see this face Love

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work. Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care. This is what it was...