Skip to main content

Wildlife at Peeble's Island

Popster is in Florida.....freezing his butt I might add.....so Molly & I are footloose & fancy free.
Friday was a fairly nice day so I decided to go to Peeble's Island.  Jessica & boyfriend Tyler tagged along.  Tyler is as much into photography as me so he was like a little kid in a candy shop
If you look closely here this tree was home to lots & lots of crows.....a murder of crows!

We spotted what we thought was a pair of bald eagles.....that was when I wanted to tie a rope on Tyler so he didn't fall over the edge in excitement.
My tree is still surviving!
Watching Tyler in action made me realize I was watching myself!  The two of us would have driven Popster crazy!
A couple of deer down by the water
This one decided to flee


As we were driving away I had to slam on the brakes & throw the car in park because Tyler spotted this.
We're thinking a golden eagle??  I didn't have my zoom lens with me so this is a good as I could get. 

Then came the thrill of the day.  We were driving home along the river when we saw a couple cars pulled over so I did another slam-park & jumped out of the car,  Not more than 8 feet away was a bald eagle perched in a tree....it was incredible to see it up close but unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get a picture before he flew away.
Love

Comments

  1. Love the photos. I'm guessing by the confession of the slam-park technique, that Popster is here in Florida getting treatment for Whiplash. Crazy photogs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Designer "doggy uggs"

Poor Molly has been having a hard time already this winter with the snow. She has good size pads on her feet which are "webbed" like a lab's foot.  When she goes in the snow it builds up in between her pads & forms a hard piece of almost ice-like snow.  Then she holds her foot up for someone to pull it out.  I decided to make her her own boots. Jessica had spent the night here as we went to First night for new years....more on that later.....so we "googled" how to make dog boots & then modified it to work for Molly.  Keep in mind these were boots you could make in 10 minutes.  It took approx 10 mins to measure Molly's feet.  Two hours later here's the results I did decide to make her 2 for each foot figuring she would be like any typical kid & lose a couple here & there. We had to go to W*lmart in the middle of the project to get velcro to make the fasteners.  We then made her wear them around the house for a while ...

11 years ago.........

......we finally got to see this face Love

Work, cat bites. hospital.....

After a long winter I went back to work on Thurday & as usual it was crazy with the phone ringing off the wall!  The weather wasn't that great but golfers in the northeast are like caged animals who are finally free!  We had good weather predicted for the weekend & I was scheduled to work both days.  After a very long day Saturday I finally got done around 8 pm & was meeting Popster & Jess in Ballston Spa at a surprise birthday party for Jeff & Colby.  Jess met me in the parking lot & said she was leaving as she had also worked all day.  She showed me her arm where she had been bitten by a cat earlier at work.  She had gone to urgent care & they gave her antibiotics & she went back to work. Before I left for work Sunday at 5:30am I woke her up to look at it & didn't like the way it was swelling up.  I told if it didn't look better when I got home at lunch we were going back to urgent care. This is what it was...