Skip to main content

Boston Road Trip

 We had tentative plans to go to visit JoAnne & take Josh out for his birthday this past weekend until we heard we were getting hit with a snow storm on Thurs night into Fri.  Our area didn't get hit that bad but Boston really got nailed again...18 inches!  We waited until Fri night & checked with Jo to make sure driving wouldn't be a problem.
 It was all systems go so we left around 9:00am & of course our back seat passenger had to keep checking out the window to make sure we were going the right way.
 I love this stone church that we pass by in Waltham.
 We used out On-Star when we got close as they usually do a good job of turn by turn directions & avoid any traffic.  I have to digress here & say how much we love this thing & how it has saved our marriage......a number of times!!!  As I was ending my call with the magic "mirror, mirror on the the wall"(that's what I call it) I mentioned to Popster that I didn't remember renewing our membership for it.  Well obviously I didn't because I went back to my knitting instead of doing my normal duty of co-pilot & the next thing I know we are in some back alley somewhere!  Yup Wilma had screwed up & sent us to Central Ave instead of Central Street....dang that's what happens when you freeload!
 This is the park near JoAnne's where we normally walk Molly.  All you could hear were bucket loaders & big dump trucks trying to remove snow.......they still hadn't gotten rid of the 30 inches they had 2 weeks ago.
 This was a giant dragon the people next door had built....unfortunately they built him in the sun so at this point he was keeling over!
 Josh had to be at work at 5:00 so we took him out for a late lunch instead of dinner & after he left we made our way down to the bike path by the Charles river.


 It was very snowy & hard walking............
 .......but Molly got to do what she loves............
 ........be a nut running around!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER

Happy birthday to my big brother Terry...........have a wonderful day!

46 years ago...............................

Today is our anniversary & I  have decided this post will be my version about how we met.......Popster's version would more than likely not be the same but that's how we roll! It was new year's eve 1963....yikes!.......I was a telephone operator in a little town called Huntingdon in England.  It was about 3 miles from Alconbury, an amercan air force base.  All calls went thru our switchboard including ones from the base so consequently we got to know all the GIs.  we would meet them at the Nickel Coin.........pictured here during our coffee..... or should I say tea?....breaks & lunch hours.  Whenever some newbies were transfered in they would be brought to town to meet the local girls. It was not "love at first sight"......I thought he was kinda nerdy & he thought I was a "stuck-up english broad"!  It was a few weeks later when he asked me to go to the movies that I realized he wasn't so "nerdy", so I guess we'll call

Yea for Don the repair guy!

My new BFF is Don the repair guy who came today to fix the dishwasher. Amazingly, after he took the door apart it would close - I really did not believe the handle was broken but was defective! It had never felt right........always kinda loose. Anyway he decided that as long as we had a new handle he would install it & even gave me the old one as a back-up. Works much better now. Funny story - while he was here he got a phone call from the office telling him one of his earlier repairs of the day had called saying their dishwasher would not start at all. He called the lady back & suggested different things for her to try but nothing worked. He said he would stop back after his next call to see what it could be. As he hung up I said "Sounds to me like she has the "child lock control" on!". Sure enough after another phone call that turned out to be the problem! Maybe I need a change of careers!!!!!